Tell yourself that you are fearfully and wonderfully made no matter what people try to put into your head. My sister loves the New Living Translation, ‘Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.’ God has made everyone wonderfully complex and so we are all different and unique. You’re special and don’t you ever forget it.
Have a great weekend and happy December!!!
All students want to pass and be promoted. What makes you stand out is your desire for excellence! I’ve broken it down into a three part series – pre, during and post exam. (Click on the links). I’m about to start my exams so I thought ‘What better time to write this than now?’. I’ve included a few tips I learnt in church yesterday as well so enjoy!
Tips from the God of excellence
Some sacrifices need to be made in your schedule the period JUST before exam.
- Cancel all anti-CWA or anti-GPA appointments
- Sacrifice some hours of SLEEP! Yes sleep :p Rest enough but don’t sleep too much!
- Sacrifice some movie time – Movies will still be there after the exams so let them be for now.
- Sacrifice your ego – Ask for help! If you need help with something, dont be afraid to ask. Its now or never!!!
2) Watch these (and no, they are not movie titles :p)
- Last class – Pay attention in your very last class. The lecturer usually wants to cover what is going to come out in the exam by all means. If you’ve had your last class, go back and try to review what you did.
- Meals – Eat something heavy, you’ll sleep for Africa! Try and eat things that will supply your nutritional needs but not make you lazy or tired.
- Watch against distractions and discouragement – Sounds easy but you have to pay close attention.
- Watch out for the latest news – Again NOT TV. Find out what’s happening – Past questions, Venue changes and things like that.
- Get a comprehensive schedule of your exam timetable
- Design a personal reading timetable
- Write down your desired average for that term or semester and what you have to get in individual courses to achieve it.
- Work towards your goal
There is a huge difference between studying and reading. Studying is the devotion of time and attention to acquiring knowledge especially from books while reading is just discovering information by looking at and comprehending the meaning of something just because it is written in a decodable language. The next few lines are elements of proper studying:
- Read two pages at a time with focus and understanding.
- Jot down certain points.
- Solve some questions or attempt sample questions.
The four things listed below are not all material things but they need to be gotten.
- A teachable mind – Only God can help transform your mind so go to Him which brings us to …
- Direction – Again go to God. The Holy Spirit is there to help you. He can even show you exactly where to read if you ask and believe!
- Things you need to hit your target – Use things you’re familiar with. Don’t go round buying the fancy pencil everyone’s using this year if you can’t use it!
- What you need to execute your plan – Everything else! Prayer most of all. There may be an impartation service or anointing service as a bonus for you but PRAYER most of all.
Do NOT be afraid for God has not given you the spirit of fear but of wisdom, love and of a sound mind. Pray as if you’ve NOT read and read your best. The Lord will grant you excellent success in Jesus name.
Have an awesome week everyone! 🙂
Respect for elders is amazing. Respect for your superiors is necessary but once you start to lose your self respect then watch it. Some people bend over backwards such that they even become laughing stocks just to prove themselves. The most important person that deserves your respect is YOU! Have an awesome week 🙂